A portion of the following fee schedule is established by Kansas Statutes; and a portion by the Osage County Commissioners
As of July 1, 2001, the Kansas Law concerning UCC filings has changed. Under the new law, financing statements covering consumer goods will be filed in the office of the Secretary of State.
As a result of this change only financing statements covering fixtures, timber to be cut, other financing statements will be filed at the office of the Secretary of State. To be perfected you should file all financing statements, except for fixture filings pertaining to real estate, with the Secretary of State's office and not with the Register of Deeds. If you send the UCC to a Register of Deeds office with the correct filing fee it will be filed with no questions asked. The new law makes it the responsibility of the secured party to be perfected or secured. The Register of Deeds office can only reject for a few reasons and the wrong place of filing is not one of them. If consumer goods are sent to counties for filing instead of the Secretary of State's office, the filing will not be rejected.
In order to file a fixture filing you still need the record owner's name and complete legal description.
- UCC up to 10 pages $15.00 each page after 10 pages $1.00 per page
- Amendments up to 10 pages are $15.00 each page after 10 pages $1.00 per page
- Terminations $15.00
- Searches $15.00 per debtor name + $1.00 per page for copies
- Certified Copy, in addition to any copying, expenses $7.50
If you file electronically with the state it is less expensive. Visit the Kansas Secretary of State website for their fees and guidelines.
- We will only accept the standardized UCC filing forms. (National UCC filing form) All others will be rejected.
- Documents presented for filing must be presented in the proper medium.
- Filing fees must accompany the document. Payment must be made by check or cash.
- The document will be rejected if it cannot be properly indexed.
- We must have one complete debtor's name and address and one complete secured party's name and address. If multiple names and addresses are given, the UCC filing will be indexed only to the parties with complete or legible information. Failure to provide all information necessary to file the document would be a cause for rejection. In the case of an assignment, failure to provide the name or address of the assignee would be a cause for rejection.
- No searches will be done by telephone. We will only accept written requests using the new national form.
- Mechanics Liens and Tax Liens will still be filed at the county level using the old fee schedule.
- Certificate, certifying any instrument of record, plus the photocopy fees stated on this page. $13.00
- Research Fee for Genealogy $20.00 per hour, minimum of 1/2 hour or $10.00 plus copy/or fax fee/or email fee.
- We do not do total phone searches, if you do not have a book and page of what you want and/or we do not have the time to do a search. If you are needing a total search, please send someone here or contact the local title company for assistance. We do not do title work.
- Fax Copies per page. $2.00
- Photocopies are $1.00 for the first page and $0.50 for letter-size paper and $0.75 for legal-size paper for each second page and each additional page or fraction thereof. Plus, have the right to charge for postage.
- Email Copies are $1.00 for the first page and $0.50 for each additional page.
- If names are not printed or typed under signatures. $1.00
- For recording deeds, mortgages, or other instruments of writing, for the first page (not to exceed legal size page 8 1/2" x 14", including Technology fees and Heritage Trust Fund). $21.00
- For the second page and each additional page or fraction thereof (includes Technology fees and Heritage Trust Fund Fee). $17.00
- The filing fee for mortgage assignments and releases (Includes Technology Fees and Heritage Trust Fund Fee) is $20.00 and $4.00 for the second page and each additional page or fraction thereof of the assignment or release) (not to exceed legal size page 8 1/2" x 14"). ($16.00 for each Book and Page listed being Assigned or Released)
All fees shall be due and payable before the register of deeds shall be required to do the work.
Must have 3 to 4 inches clear across the top of the first page of a document for the recording stamp and or County Clerk's Transfer Stamp (if a deed). This must be done on ALL e-recordings too or we will have to reject the document.
If sufficient space is not provided for the necessary recording information and certification on a document, such recording information shall be placed on an additional sheet and such sheet shall be counted as an additional page.
- 1 sheet, 1 book, and page assignment/release: $20.00
- 2 sheets, 1 book, and page assignment/release: $24.00
- 1 sheet, 2 books, and pages assignment/release: $36.00
- 2 sheets, 2 books, and pages assignment/release: $40.00
- To record liens for material and services under K.S.A. 58-201, and amendments thereto. $17.00
- To record Lis Pendens $5.00
- Recording town plats, for each page. $32.00
- Filing Federal Tax Lien Notice $32.00
- Federal Tax Lien Release $32.00
- State Tax Lien Release (First page only, additional fees apply for second and additional pages and fractions thereof). $71.00
Notice: Osage County is e-recording! We do not e-record Death Certificates, Federal or State Tax Liens, or UCCs. For more information or to get started, contact Simplifile by calling 800-460-5657 or visiting the Simplifile website. All you need is a PC, scanner, and high-speed internet access.